Monday 18 October 2010

For Charity

For a while now I have been thinking about doing something for my Mom's good friend Glennis. She is the founder of a charity called Crazy Hats, raising money for breast reconstruction. We went to visit her when Louie was 17 days old and she asked me to do a sky dive... a SKY DIVE! I told her she must be crazy! Before I had Louie I wouldn't have thought twice about jumping out of a plane, but now I have too much to lose 'just incase' something went wrong.
In June, Mom climbed Ben Nevis. We went with her but I would love to actually DO something. Next year she wants to climb Snowdon. So I asked if I could join her.
I don't think anyone thinks I am being serious about this. I want to do it carrying Louie.
I have absolutely NO experience and my fitness is atrocious so it probably is a little bit of a high estimation of myself. But I really do want to do something to raise some money for the ward that my Mom works on.

My sling stash only consists of a close carrier and a WAHM Mei Tai, both which I love dearly and enjoy wearing every time. However, I don't think they would be up to the task.
So I decided to email Ergo for some advice. I know they make decent carriers and was just enquiring what would be up to the job.
I was ASTONISHED when they replied offering to send me the carrier of my choice, free of charge by way of sponsorship. I got the dispatch email this afternoon!

The only problem is that  I don't know if I am going to make Snowdon. I did think that I could walk the Leicestershire Round, a 100 mile walk. I could do it over a week and I think it would be a feasible charitable event.

So now, my blog will lay host to my training exploits leading up to whatever I decide to do!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Hi - saw your post on GP. Well done on your fundraising. I am sure you will be fine - a few good brisk walks a day will get you going - and there is always the cable car... xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...