Saturday 9 October 2010

Outwoods

Today, I took Louie on a walk to the Outwoods in the National Forest, near Woodhouse Eaves. I have seen it sign posted a few times but never really bothered looking in. After seeing it on the list of Top 5 Autumn Walks in The Green Parent magazine, I thought I might as well check it out.

Wow, its beautiful!

We walked the whole of the woods, the circuit that is 3k (1.8m) and it was truly stunning. The effects of autumn are starting to set in, so there were beautiful yellows on the trees. Not to mention the leaves falling off the trees! We got hit by a fair few branches!

The Outwoods is one of the oldest areas of woodland in Charnwood. It has rocks and minerals from the precamrian era (so pretty old!) and it was amazing to see such beautiful rocks there, especially the colours, I really feel silly for not taking my camera.

It was lovely to sit and just take in the air and the atmosphere. Really refreshing.
We will definitely be going back, I'd say its one of my favourite woods so far.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...