Monday 25 October 2010

Today has been such a lovely day, I feel that I have wasted it. The sun has been shining brightly and it hasn't been too cold, despite the thick layer of frost this morning.
Today has been a very fruitful day of housework. I hoovered, sorted clothes out for going into the attic and some for charity. Sent off an application, did a (big) load of nappies, finished off prepping for the sewing machine, cooked, cleaned . Its been a busy day!
Louie fell asleep on my back in the ergo whilst I was hanging the nappies on the line, it was very cute. However he didn't stay asleep for long and we are paying for it now. Early bed for small boys!

My wonderful washing line!



I love walking in the woods, I would say it is one of my favourite pastimes. I often think that it is wasted on me as my knowledge is so poor. I can tell you a Silver Birch but that is about it. I have asked for a guide for christmas but last night Dan and I were looking at our bookshelves and he found this. A 20 year old readers digest book about Woodlands. It was one of his Great Grandma's that she gave him when she moved to Spain. It is a lovely book and I really enjoyed reading it last night. I understand more about structures of the woodlands and I learned about coppicing and pollarding, of which we see often in our local woodlands.
It was a lovely find!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...