Wednesday 22 September 2010

Nappy Review; Bum Genius Flips

Bum Genius Flip

Type
Birth to Potty, All In Two style nappy, Poppers only.
Inserts avaliable include Stay Dry, Organic and Disposable

Appearence 8/10
Neat nappy, Lots of nice colours, shame there isn't any prints

Absorbency 8/10
I use the Stay Dry inserts and they are really absorbent. They can last 4-5 hours.

Ease of use 8/10
Chose what size you need the wrap, Insert a pad into the wrap and pop it on the baby.

Fit 9/10
Obviously this depends on what type of insert you use but I have always had a good trim fit with flips. The Disposable insert has less bulk than a usual disposable.

Drying time 9/10
The wrap will be dry in about half an hour out of the washing machine, the stay dry insert is dry in around 4 hours. I have not used the organic insert.

Value for money 9/10
£13 for the stay dry trial pack, £15 for the organic trial pack, £3-5 for additional inserts. Disposable inserts £4 a pack. These are really good value for money. Especially as you can have more inserts than wraps, the wrap doesn't need to be washed every time, so have plenty of inserts on hand and just change them.

Reliability 9/10
The wrap is bombproof and the inserts last really well.

Other Comments
This really is the most versatile nappy I have come across. I wasn't taken with the idea until I actually bought some. I use the wraps with Little Lambs for night time use, I use a prefold in the wrap. They snap down tiny, and I have it on good authority that they fit small children, so a true BTP nappy.


Overall marks out of 10 9 /10

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...