Wednesday 15 September 2010

Louie's Book Part Three

I think the sewing machine idea has gone out the window. It has gone back in its cupboard (where it will stay for another 10 years maybe?) as Nana has no time, patience or passion to help me with my project.

Bye bye machine, Hello needle and thread.

I have started sewing the photos onto some backing fabric, to give the pages a little more substance, and as a guide for the size of each page. Then I am going to sew small patchwork squares together and attach to the backing, using ribbon to edge the photos afterwards.

I have been thinking about getting some multicoloured felt and appliqueing some little doodles or letters on.

I am going at a pace of one photo per evening, setting the time aside is really difficult, but I am going to have to keep at it if i want to get it done, as well as start on making christmas presents!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...