Saturday 4 September 2010

Conkers!

Today, our family outing led us to Conkers. A visitors centre in the middle of the National Forest, which is right on our doorstep. (Although Conkers itself was a good 40 mins away!)
The discovery centre was fantastic, lots of information on the environment, energy, plants and all sorts. It was really fascinating! There were several play areas where I was wishing I was 10 again! We walked all around the park, through the sculpture garden, the woodland garden, the willow trail, nature trails. We weren't stuck for things to do!
We sat and had a lovely picnic, Louie ate a little but was more interested in crawling around discovering the grass and leaves. He is so adventurous already. I am so proud!

Finally, I must tell you about the Barefoot Walk! Wow! It was really invigorating and my feet actually felt really refreshed afterwards, even though I was too chicken to plunge my bare feet into the unknown of big baths of muddy water... I didn't feel brave enough to discover what was in them :/ But I did walk through mud, over logs, pebbles and sharp slatey bits! It was awesome!

Pictures will follow!

1 comment:

Becks said...

Sounds like a great day out. And walking barefoot - truly invigorating.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...