Sunday 12 September 2010

Louie's Book Part Two

Managed to get the photos printed onto the transfer paper no problems. That was the easy bit. However, the instructions for ironing onto fabric were a little bit, well a lot, rubbish! My first attempt went really wrong and ended up looking a bit like this.



Then we had a mishap with the iron. Silly me, ironed over one of the transfers, singe-ing it a little bit (and also messing up the iron a little bit :/), so with a bit of a trim, it looks like this. My plan is to find some wide ribbon to frame the photo with, something to contrast the beautiful red of his sleepsuit.



So after the first attempt, and another print out of photos, I managed to get the photos onto the jersey fabric. All neatly cut out they look a little bit like this.



Next, I cut out the patchwork pieces to make the border for the page, I used a catalogue as a size guide (It was easy, to hand, and a perfect size) then set to work with the sewing machine. After a few practice runs, I was confident enough to make a start on the real thing. Bearing in mind I haven't used a sewing machine since I was at school, so probably about 6 years. And even then, my Mom did my projects at home for me, because I am just a little bit useless with that sort of thing. However, the 6 years did cause a problem, because the needle wouldn't sew the printed fabric and the plain fabric together. I think it was too thick for the setting it was on and I couldn't remember how to change it. So the sewing machine has been put away *sigh* until my Mom has the time to figure it out.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Second time i have tried to make this comment ... sewing machines don't agree with me either, hand stitching all the way. My kitchen curtains are hand stitched.

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about hand stitching it. I want it to look professional though, unless I get some funky thread and do some crazy stitching so it looks abit wacky... :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...