Monday 13 September 2010

Beacon Hill

Beacon Hill is a country park situated in Woodhouse Eaves, in the National Forest. Today we decided to go for an explore as I had never been before. Last week was national walking week, which i didn't know about until Friday, and we had visitors at the weekend so I couldn't take advantage of any of the walks going on, so this was my belated tribute to national walking week!
It was also an excuse to test drive the Mei Tai in a back carry! ;)

We decided to follow the Blue Route, a 2 mile walk, up and around Beacon Hill. It took us an hour. I was really proud of myself, I kept a good pace, and was starting to feel the effects of not being very fit after a while! The path led us through a Labyrinth and a field with cows in it! Louie really enjoyed being in the Mei Tai, on my back, and even fell asleep for 20 odd mins until we got back to the car :) He is such a good boy!




I thought this tree looked really beautiful


Deep in the Labyrinth






Sleepy boy


We didn't realise we were so high up! From there you can see the East of Leicester and Bradgate Park straight infront.


Mooooooooooooo!


The Old Man of Beacon Hill

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...