Sunday 3 July 2011

Summer Pudding

Earlier in the week, Helen and I went Strawberry Picking! We picked a mixed lot of strawberries, blackberries, black currants and raspberries so I decided that I was going to make a Summer Pudding.
Although I know what a Summer Pudding is, and roughly how to make one (it can't be that hard can it?) I have never tried one before. So a totally new experience, making and tasting a Summer Pudding.

I put the berries in the freezer so they would be nice and fresh to make a pudding for Sunday lunch. Saturday night, just before Mr Bee went to bed, I got to work on the pudding. De-crusting bread and boiling up the berries with sugar.
Then I packed it all into a pudding bowl, weighted it with Louie's piggy bank and popped it in the fridge to set over night.

 Ta - Da! One lovely Summer Pudding, made from handpicked berries and topped with a sprig of mint from the garden.
And I must say, it was absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...