Saturday, 23 July 2011


For the past few days, I have been working on a skirt for myself.
I ordered this fabric a few weeks ago, just half a yard, and fell in love with it so much that I ordered some more, to make myself a skirt. I also decided to incorporate the ribbon that matches it so well, by adding it around the bottom of the skirt. As I wasn't going to do a hidden zip, I decided to get a nice bright one to match the patterns on the skirt. I wanted an aqua blue but couldn't get one, so I settled for bright orange instead.

I didn't have a pattern, so just drew around a skirt which I already have which is a little bit big, so I figured that would account for the seam allowances.

 I cut the fabric and the lining, pinned it all, tacked it all and tried it on, it fit fine! But then it was bed time

The next day I got it all machined, the bright orange zip went in fine, no problems. That took me most of the evening. 

Then today I spent half an our hemming the bottom by hand and voila!

It isn't the neatest of skirts, and certainly not something I could make for someone else, but for me, I am happy with it! I can't wait to wear it when we go on holiday in September!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...