Tuesday 19 July 2011

Playdough

Last night I decided that I wanted to make playdough for Louie, as I thought he might like to have a play and not put it in his mouth for a change. And knowing how easy that it is to make, I wasn't going to waste my time or money buying shop-bought play dough. I found this recipe for playdough at the blog Scented Sweetpeas, but I will tell you how to make it anyway.

1 Cup of Warm Water
1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Tsp Oil
2 Tsp Cream of Tartar
1/4 cup of Salt
Food Colouring

Mix the ingredients (excluding the food colouring) in a pan until they are thoroughly mixed. Put the pan on the head and keep stirring until it all comes together, the water has evaporated and you have a sticky, playdoughey mixture.

Divide the mixture up into the amount of colours you have (we only had blue...) and knead the food colouring in. We used just normal liquid colouring and we used an awful lot to get it blue.

I made mine the night before, wrapped it in cling film and put it in the bread bin and it should keep for a few days. Then you just have to play with it! 




Snail












Lion



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...