Saturday 9 July 2011

A funny kind of day!

Yesterday morning, Louie and I went to Tiny Talk. Louie just loves it, he loves the signing, the dancing, Heather, the half a biscuit he gets at the end! 
When we got home, the weather turned! It had been threatening to rain all morning, but my gosh, it came down! Our very flat garden was all puddley, and I got thoroughly soaked when I dashed out to rescue Bertie the Wheelybug from the flood!
So we retreated indoors, snuggled up on the sofa, and little Louie had a lovely sleep :) Which let me get on with some making!
I managed to sneak away upstairs,  pinched the iron to prep for some projects. I managed to get the all the prep done for a gadget case that I can make at our craft group, the Saturday Stitchers, today. Hopefully I will be able to get it finished and show you all some pictures later on!
Then when Louie woke up, we all piled into the kitchen and made fairy cakes. Louie did the mixing, Nana broke the eggs and I sieved the flour. Louie helped put the cases in the patty tins too.
Then the sun came out! And it looked so promising that we put the washing on the line, and it stayed nice and got dry.
 For tea, we had 'Creating a Good Life' Garden Vegetable Burgers. It is very rare that we have such a convenience food, but after Laura received an abundance of them for her Vegan and Vegetarian Society, she asked if we wanted to take any home.
I must say, they were delicious! Nana didn't like them so much as they had peppers in them, and she has a big aversion to peppers, but even she said they were lovely. It made a nice change for us anyway.
 Whilst Louie was asleep in the afternoon, and after he had gone to bed, I managed to get this little Owl phone case finished, and updated into the shop. The previous Owl case had sold (woo, first sale!) so it needed replacing. This one is slightly smaller and will fit a smaller, medium sized phone.
 And I also sat and stitched this whilst Louie was not sleeping. A little business card holder made from felt. Will carry about 20 business cards. This will be going up in my shop possibly later on today.
 And I got to work on this gorgeous phone case. I love this fabric, it is from the Gone With the Wind collection from Melly and Me. It has blue, pink and green dandelions and bubbles all over it and I am in love with it. I have ordered some more fabric to make a skirt for my holiday, as I just adore it so much.
This one I will be keeping for myself though, as there are two little faults with it. The elastic for the button is a little short causing it to pull slightly, and I missed one of the hems when finishing the top, so although it is now stitched, it is not the quality that I can sell on.
Not to worry though, as I can use it myself, especially as I am so in love with the pattern!

Oh and it is lined with a beautiful blue geometric floral pattern, which complements it perfectly. I will work on a duplicate and get one up in the shop soon.

Hopefully this week I can work on getting some greetings cards made too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...