Friday 29 July 2011

Sudbury Hall

Today we visited Sudbury Hall, we had planned to go visiting on Tuesday but decided to go to Ikea instead. So as we were both around today, I thought it would be a nice day out :)
So we got up early, went to get a picnic and headed off :)


Sudbury Hall







"Don't get your pooey shoes on me!"
Whilst exploring the gardens, we found the most lovely little play park for Louie to play in. A little wooden climbing frame with houses at either end, a slide and a swing. We just LOVE the wooden play park toys, I would love to have a huge garden with them in for Louie to play with.








At Sudbury, there is a Museum of Childhood. There are exhibitions about how children worked in the Victorian times, the attendant commented that Mr Bee was too young to work yet, but he would be in the work house at the age of 6! We visited a victorian school house, but skipped out on the lesson ;)


We both saw lots of toys that we remembered from when we were younger, this one stood out for me. The Polly Pocket in the middle. I had that one when I was a little girl. I even still have it in my bedroom some where.
Then we stopped to have some lunch and Papa Bee treated us to tea/coffee and cakes, mmm! Mr Bee was eyeing them up something chronic!


Ladybird

Then we visited the Hall. Sudbury is where the BBCs Pride and Prejudice is set (yes the one with Colin Firth as Mr Darcy! Swoon!). It was very grand, Papa particularly liked the Long Gallery, and especially the decorated cabinet, which we didn't actually get a photo of.

Papa Bee's perfect desk!


The servants steps, see how worn they are in the middle.

My PERFECT stove!!!

The Long Gallery

The Library stairs.






I also wore Louie on my hip for the first time using the Ergo. I usually wear him on my back, and sometimes on my front, but as I know they are a bit funny in these places about having children on your back (even though Mr Bee is as good as gold) I wanted him to be able to see and enjoy the house, so we experimented with wearing him on my hip. It was surprisingly comfortable, and Louie seemed to like it, however I couldn't reach around to do the straps on my own, so it wouldn't be practical if I didn't have a helper. At least we got a photo for good measure though :)

We both really loved it here at Sudbury Hall, and we will definitely come again. We plan to go later on next time though and head into the village and find somewhere nice for some dinner. I also picked up a leaflet for Hardwick Hall (we were debating between Sudbury and Hardwick Hall today, we went to Sudbury as it was a shade closer) so I think that will be our next NT visit. It looks beautiful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...