Monday 17 January 2011

Treasure Basket


For a while now I have wanted to create a treasure basket for Louie to play with. On a recent trip up to the attic I found a wicker basket and thought to myself, ' Well I don't have an excuse now do i!' So over the weekend I have been finding objects to put in Louie's treasure basket.
I shamelessly googled treasure baskets to get some inspiration and so that I could link to my blog and came across this blog, I hope they don't mind me linking.

My basket contains;
A wooden spoon
A natural sponge
A wooden ball from a Pot Pouri that is long past its smelliness!
A shell
A wooden nail brush
Scraps of fabric

A feather

I really didn't think that Louie would be too bothered about playing with it, as he does have so many toys, regrettably many that I would not have chosen myself, but lovely all the same. So when he played for over an hour solely with the items from the basket, I was overjoyed! And to my delight, he wandered off into the conservatory this morning and played quietly, when I went to see what he was up to, he had reached down and got the basket off a high stool (which I would never have thought he could have reached!) and was playing with the items! A success! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...