Sunday 9 January 2011

Reflection



After having Louie, my outlook on the world really changed. I have always been aware of the environment and have always recycled, used my own shopping bags and things like that, but becoming a mother really gave me a boost into the green way of life. I decided that we needed to change our way of living and live a life that will create less of an impact on the earth.
Here is a list of the things I have done this year to change our lifestyle;

Reusable nappies and wipes - Louie has not been in a disposable nappy for six months

Switching toiletries - Now I use a Body Shop shampoo and conditioner that is much kinder to the environment and use a more natural soap, both for myself and Louie.

Growing veg - Well we only had tomatoes and mushrooms this year but it was a start
Shopping at Farmers Markets/Farm shops - One thing that is important to me is local food, by shopping locally we have reaped the benefits of seasonal produce and helped local people.
Shopping at locally run businesses 

Actively trying to reduce our waste - Being vigilant with recycling and making sure things are used before they go off etc, reuse, mend

Handmaking gifts - Giving personal handmade items instead of buying mass produced goods
Switching laundry - Using eco balls as it means less chemicals will get into the sea/atmosphere

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...