Sunday 9 October 2011

Perfect


This weekend has been pretty perfect really.
Autumn has finally landed, hurrah! My favourite time of the year.
The temperature has dropped slightly, the trees are a beautiful golden hue and it is time to bring out the stew pots.

Yesterday I made an early morning trip into the town for some essentials. I don't like shopping at the weekend, so it seemed the best thing to go first thing. It was really very quiet, just how we like it :)
We were home by 10 o Clock, after a rather white knuckle bus ride home, as the main car is still out of action, and Papa had mine. 
We were straight in the door and into the kitchen, making some soup. It seemed so homely and perfect, with the nippy weather out of doors.
On the menu was a first for me, Grandpaaa's Leek and Potato Soup. He makes it so beautifully so I asked him for the recipe. As I expected, my rendition wasn't quite as good as Grandpa's, but everyone seemed to enjoy it none the less.
Mr Bee and I also made some bread, making a big loaf from me and a small one from Lou, that has become tradition now. 


Mr Bee had some wicked fun doing the washing up for nearly half an hour. 


Isaac, 3 months
Then came the arrival of our wonderful friends, Anna, Sam and Baby Isaac. It turned out that we hadn't seen our closest friends for two months. It was lovely to see them all, especially Isaac, who has grown so much!









We had such a cosy afternoon, snuggled up watching Flubber and searching for a bicycle for myself whilst Mr Bee slept. I would love a vintage one, but its seeming hard to get one to suit me. I have however, found two new cycles that I love.

Claud Butler Windsor

Dawes Duchess
Which one do you prefer?!

Sunday has been just as lovely. Waking up later than normal, then climbing into bed to watch cartoons. A quick trip to the supermarket was followed by a quick Al-Fresco lunch, as Papa was all dirty from getting the Astra ready for its new cylinder head. 


 After another lazy afternoon from Mr Bee, taking a two hour long nap!! I managed to steal away for a few hours to get crafting. I managed to make some Lavender Bags ready for the fair, and prep some rings ready for sewing. Not too much that I want to get done now.


 Back to work in the morning!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...