Sunday 16 October 2011

Non-Stop Sunday

This morning we rose bright and early and got ready to go to the local car boot. It has been running for years, but I have never been. Everyone says how excellent it is and what bargains they find, so I thought I would have a nose to see if it was as good as it is cracked up to be.

Wrapped up all snug and warm, we started making our way around all of the stalls. Immediately, I spotted some miniature bells, which I picked up for my rather geeky collection. Not an awful lot caught my eye, until we got to the van selling cooked breakfasts... a sausage and egg buttie later, yumyum, we continued around.
I saw a beautiful old Singer sewing machine which I would have loved but I knew I didn't have enough cash on me, nor enough space to store it at home!

I had just about had enough of wandering with out finding anything of any importance, when I stumbled across a VERY lightweight pushchair, and remembering that Nana Bee was looking for one (we had been offered a pink one) which was going for a Fiver, so that will do Nana for pushing Mr Bee around London next weekend.

We headed back to the car, stopping off at the big bouncy slide for a play, then headed over to Fosse Park for some food shopping then a wander around the retail park. Besides getting there too early, we had a good walk around. I was desperately looking for a nice winter hat, but it would seem that my head is too small for all the ones on the high street.

In the car on the way home, Louie fell into a beautiful sleep, so I hurried into the house and started to prepare the cheesecake I had planned to make. I actually forgot to put sugar into the mixture, but it was still delicious, and suitable for Grandad Roger, who is diabetic. It was so yummy, very light and tasted like Milky Bars!
Yummy!


I had such a productive hour or so whilst Mr Bee was asleep, making the cheesecake, preparing the sunday lunch, then he woke up just in time to watch the Foxes on BBC1 (thankyou BBC for treating us to some Championship football this afternoon). Sadly, we lost 2-0 after a good first half.

Neat and Tidy again
Then when I had a spare half an hour before dinner was served, I had a good, well needed tidy up of my craft space. I sorted all my leftover goods from yesterday, tidied all my scrap fabrics which were all over the place, banished all my stray embroidery flosses back to their home and even had a good read of my new book, The Liberty Book of Home Sewing.

I have also been very busy updating my Bee Hive Facebook Page, with all the things that I currently have for sale. If you fancy a browse, just head on over to www.facebook.com/thebeehivecraft for a nosy :)

Ready for going back to work in the morning with slippers at the ready! I hope you had a nice weekend too :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...