Tuesday 4 October 2011

Kitchen Day

Today I have spent most of my day in the kitchen. I enjoy making things in the kitchen on my day off, and as I promised to make something yummy for Dani at work on Wednesday, I got my bake on.

I am thoroughly enthralled in The Great British Bake Off for the second year now, I just love the recipes and all the great hints and tips you can get. One of their technical challenges in the past weeks was a Chocolate Roulade. I hunted the same Mary Berry recipe down, and got cracking.

Just as I was about to take the sponge out of the oven, I had a text from Papa, asking to be picked up from Uni, being a car down is a bit of a pain. This meant I had to leave the house to do all my errands, in an absolute tip! Luckily it allowed the sponge to cool and was ready for me to prepare after we had our dinner.

I think Mary Berry would be proud! It rolled quite well, I remember getting a 10 out of 10 for my Swiss Roll when we made them in school, so I must just have the nack. I had to roll it whilst an eager Mr Bee was begging me for some, it really was tasty when we tucked in to it! I hope Dani enjoys it tomorrow!

Feeling a bit fancy, we decided to have Stuffed Chicken Thighs and Potato Rostis for our dinner. The Chicken, stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon was delicious, the rosti however wasn't so great. The taste was perfect, but I made them too thick I think and the baby one was the only one that was cooked through well enough. I have learned my lesson though, and will make them thinner next time.

Daddy Bees, Mummy Bees and Baby Bees Rosti
 We needed to make a quick dash to the shop, and Mr Bee said that he wanted to come with me, and not wanting to take too long I got the sling to carry him there and back. However, he insisted that Sonny, our cat, came with us, in the sling. So jokingly, I picked him up and put him in the sling! He was very calm about the whole thing, and seemed very comfortable. I just had to get a photo, the silly cat!
However, Mr Bee seeing someone else in his sling, on his mummy, didn't like it one bit, and insisted that he 'got doooooown' and that he got in instead. What a funny pair they are!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...