Wednesday 19 October 2011

Calke Abbey in Autumn

Today Mr Bee and I took a trip out to Calke Abbey. I have been desperate to visit in the Autumn as I knew that it would be utterly beautiful, and my, I was right!

We dropped Papa off at Uni and headed off. I went a different way to last time, a much nicer way. When we got there, Mr Bee marched me straight to the little play park, but only for a little while, because he dragged me off to see what else there was.


We got our tickets and headed out to the gardens. Mr Bee was insistent that we walked up the steep grass, instead of the gravel path... Then we went into the walled gardens to explore.

I let Louie lead me around the gardens, so that he could enjoy himself. He lead me to a park of the estate that we hadn't explored when we visited last time. I was very pleased that we stumbled across it though because there were beautiful vegetable gardens and even a lake!




Pumpkins




Mr Bee was such a good boy all day, he must have walked for at least three miles in total all day. We went to the restaurant for lunch and shared some bangers and mash. The restaurant at Calke Abbey is second to none when you have a little one. There are plenty of high chairs, plastic plates and cups that you can help yourself to and a microwave if you need it. Not to forget the colouring table.

Then we had a quick wizz around the house, then stopped off at the shop before going home. We bought Papa two Christmas presents, and a little present for my little Bee who had been a star all day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...