Sunday 8 January 2012

Louie's Bedroom

We changed Mr Bees cot for a bed at the beginning of December and it has taken me this long to get some photographs of his new bedroom! I don't think I have taken any photos of his room since we first finished it before he was born. Some things have changed now, with the addition of a shelf on the door wall and the lovely blue star lamp on the window wall.
Bookshelf, hand made coat rack (courtesy of Papa) and various art works on the wall.

 This is my very treasured picture book collection. I have always loved picture books, and my obsession really started when I was working at Borders. Everyone always thought I was strange for buying childrens books, for myself... I got away with it a little easier when I started working in the childrens section, and often I would find books coming home with me, just because they are beautiful. It means that Louie has a lovely library of books which will last him for years. Of course, that is just a small glimmer of all the books I have accumulated for Louie, there are shelves and shelves of them all over the house.
 We couldn't get the matching duvet set as it was discontinued around the time that Mr Bee was born, but Laura Ashley still made the beautiful starry quilt, which Nana treated him to for his big new bed. You can also see the cute bunting on the wall, the star lamp and his aeroplane mobile which he still loves to gaze at.
And lastly the shelf that Papa painted and put up. We bought the shelf not that long after Louie was born but it only got put up a few months ago! It has made a home for some of the many gifts that our lucky little bee has received. Including his Steiff bear, silver christening gifts and the gorgeous felt boat picture that Grandma Val made for him. Not to mention the painting which I did in 1992!

I absolutely love Mr Bee's bedroom. I am so proud of how beautiful and perfect it is. There is literally nothing I would change in this room!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...