Saturday 7 January 2012

Meet Camilla, the Canon 550d

Meet my new friend, Camilla, my spanking new Canon 550d Digital SLR camera! I have been wanting a DSLR ever since my mother left our manual SLR at a wedding a good few years back... It has taken me so long to finally get around to getting one, it feels like I have been reunited with my soul mate!

It has been about 3 years since I have actually used a DSLR camera so I am the first to admit that I am a little rusty. I started off in the Auto mode, as it is as good a place as any to start off with.

 My cheeky little Bee singing
We picked up the camera on our way to our favourite Farmers Market, in Burbage. Whilst we were there, we had our regular Picks Farm Breakfast cob, picked up some beautiful pies for our dinner on Monday, had a cup of tea in the church hall and picked up some very cute looking Viennese biscuits. 

Then I thought I would try some snaps of Lou playing with his kitchen.



 In the afternoon, we took Nana Bee to the local Garden centre. She hasn't been since it was renovated, so I took the opportunity to practice some different shots.


I love fawns at the moment!

Couldn't resist a (wonky) picture of this! My own pie!

 In the evening, Mr Bee had a wave of energy and we all played on the floor for ages! It took a lot of figuring out to get the balance just right.
bit too dark



On the verge of going blurry

Waaaay too dark

Focus isn't on the right subject

Better, Mr Bee and Papa were 'sleeping'

I am so thrilled with my lovely new camera, I hope that I can take some lovely photos to share with you in the future.

2 comments:

The Colourful Girl said...

I've been thinking about digging out my dSLR again. I bought a compact point and shoot just before the baby was born as I thought it would be easier (lens is always attached, no dust getting into sensor, can stick it in my pocket etc) but I'm just not as happy with the pictures. I just don't like using it on auto though so I feel I'll miss shots!

The Colourful Girl said...

Oh, and I'll have to show my sister those pies, she's called Heidi too!x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...