Monday 15 August 2011

We have had an incredibly busy week! I have taken on another day at work starting this week, so it has been busier than usual. I think it is going to take me a while to get used to it! 
On Wednesday, our mid-week day off, I decided to bake muffins. I have never made muffins before, and I followed a Hummingbird Bakery recipe for Ham and Mushroom muffins.
I made them to the recipe, but the mixture was like a bread dough! But they came out okay!
They were so tasty!
Afterwards we decided to go for a walk through Swithland Woods. It is one of our favourite places and we haven't been for a very long time, since Louie has been walking. 
Its not the same without Dougie
Louie really enjoyed wandering off the path to explore. We found lots of tree stumps to sit on, and touch and feel.





 He spent lots of time sitting down!


 It was because he was tired. I thought he had napped in the morning, so woke him up when we got there. I had forgotten that he hadn't actually had a sleep, and was very tired! I couldn't understand why he was so grumpy!
Pick me up Mummy!
All week we have seen hundreds of Ladybirds! This one was very friendly.


On his finger


 On Friday, we got ready to head up to Burnley to stay with Papa's family over night. We left a about 8 Clock and arrived late morning. We played with Auntie Elle, then went to visit  Great Grandpa and Grandma.
After that we went to visit Grandma Julie and Grandad Billy. We also met Herbie, their Toy Poodle Puppy!
He is the cutest thing ever, so soft and fluffy and friendly! Mr Bee loved him!





 Then bright and early Saturday morning, we got all dressed up and ready to head to Wales, for Rachel and Peters wedding. We had a lovely day, and Rachel looked beautiful (as usual)!





Jamie wanted to be in a photo!



 Lizzie and I got to be in one of the photos :) I have a ridiculous smile on my face!
Then we headed back to Burnley and I headed back to Leicester via the scenic route for a change, stopping off at Wakefield on the way home to drop in on Uncle Aidy for a cuppa! Just a surprise drop in visit! Louie fell in love with the Clarice Cliff pottery that Aidy's parents collected, as well as a gorilla that was Aidy's! They were kind enough to let him take it home with him

We were up early, again, and ready to go to the Christening of Evangeline. The service took place in a lovely village called Sileby and in this beautiful church, St Marys.


The beauties that are Nade and Evangeline
 So after the Christening we hotfooted it home as it was Nana's birthday! Louie was asleep in the car for aaaages, and we had to wake him up to get ready for us to go out for our birthday meal at Ashfields, our favourite restaurant. Mr Bee was starving, but surprisingly well behaved. Its amazed what will keep kiddies occupied!

 Then he decided he wanted to take a photo of Nana, he took this one all by himself! How talented!

Gorillas need to eat their carrots too!
But Mr Bee's favourite part of the meal was pudding! Like  his mama, he is a chocolate fiend, and we shared a Iced Chocolate Parfait with Iced chocolate Truffles and Baileys cream - it was beautiful!

Ready for another busy week now!

1 comment:

Chloe said...

I MUST know where she got that wedding dress from! I'm in love! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...