Saturday 4 June 2011

Making Cards for Wonderful Parties

Card craft is not something that I have ever been very good at, not for want of trying may I add! But I thought that I would have a go.

I was invited to my boss' husband and childrens birthday party today, and as I am very keen on giving as much handmade as I can, I thought I would have a go at making their cards.

I have scouted around everywhere to find some alphabet stamps that are appropriate, and I finally ordered some from Amazon, so I stamped a really simplistic card for Toran, manly and plain. It probably could have done with having something else on there, but I didn't know what and was happy with it as it was.
For Arianne, I made a pretty bunting card with the nice floral and polka dot fabric I have, I then used a nice purple thread to sew the lines that the bunting is attached to. She really liked the card when she opened it :)
And Walkers card, it is his first birthday. I knew there was something wrong with this card, but couldn't place what it was. I had only done the 1 the wrong way round!!! So a quick fix before we left for the party, I fixed a correct 1 over the top! Phew! I used Cath Kidston Cowboy paper for the 1 and CK stickers of the star and a cactus. Nice and boyish for gorgeous Walker.

The party was absolutely lovely. It was held at Laura's parents ginormous house in Kibworth. There was a trampoline, a bouncy castle and horses which Louie loved. We played pass the parcel and had a treasure hunt and feasted on some lovely, completely vegetarian grub. Louie adored the burgers!

Then the cake... Oh my goodness the cake! Toran baked the most amazingly huge chocolate cake that just looked amazing. And it was completely vegan. Now I am a connoisseur of chocolate cakes, and this was possible one of the best I have ever had.

Thankyou for inviting us to such a wonderful party, we all enjoyed it so much. I hope you all had a lovely day too :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow these are fab. I used to make cards but my efforts looked too amateurish so I gave up..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...