Friday 6 May 2011

Getting Packed

Today we have been getting ready for our holiday.
I have been planning this holiday for months and months. In the morning, at the break of dawn, we are getting up and starting the 300 mile trip to Hayle, Cornwall.

We are staying at Beachside, a campsite situated right on the beach (aptly named) in the middle of St Ives bay. We have been going there since I was about 6 years old, and have always loved the place and the people. We haven't been there for many years, and we are staying in a chalet instead of the usual caravan, but we are all so excited.

This will be Louie's first proper holiday, which makes it all the more special. It will be his first time on a beach, his first time in the sea, and his first time in his Mama's favourite place in the whole wide world.

We plan to visit the Minac Theatre, Dairyland farm and the Old Mill Farm. The Old Mill is a stables which I go to EVERY time we go to Cornwall, at least once! It has been known for me to go twice in one week, I love it so much. When I was a kidaroo, I was very devoted to my horse riding, and we couldn't go away anywhere without finding a stables for me to ride at. Needless to say, I have ridden horses all over the world! But The Old Mill is my absolute favourite.
Although I haven't ridden for about 4 years, I feel confident enough to hop straight on and get out there. I have re-acquainted myself with my jodhpurs, hat, boots, chaps and gloves, and to my dismay, it seems that I have shrunk! (Despite having a baby, I am smaller than I was 4 years ago, which is saying something as I am a meagre size 6 as it is!)

I can not wait to get away, and I can't wait to come back and tell you all about it :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...