Sunday 10 April 2011

Saturday 9th

 Today was a beautiful day! Gorgeous weather in the 20's, perfect for playing in the garden, picnics, racing on wheelybugs and football, of course!
Today was a big match for our family, Leicester V Burnley. Us being from Leicester, Dan and his family being from Burnley. Last season Burnley were in the Premiership and we were in the Championship, so we didn't get to play eachother, but Burnley were relegated and we stayed put so this year, we had two matches against eachother. The first match, played at Turf Moor (Burnley) ended in 3-0 to Burnley. 
So David (Grandpa) and Grandpa (Great Grandpa) came down for the game! I tried to get tickets to go but unfortunately, they wouldn't let Louie in :( Their rules state that he should be able to walk on his own, unaided and sit on a chair on his own, unaided, both of which he can do! No lie there! But they said he was too young :( So I donned my Leicester shirt in good spirits and we put forward our predictions, Mom guessing 2-1 Leicester, me guessing 4-0 Leicester.
Leicester scored at about 23 minutes, then went on to score three more in the second half!
Leicester 4 - 0 Burnley
So it is safe to say, that Dan was quite a sore loser yesterday!
Dave brought down my belated birthday present from himself and Jo and Elle. It is the most beautiful sewing box, Cath Kidston :)




My present from Elle, a cute hedgehog pin cushion!


So this morning I have sat and organised everything, as my last, very small sewing box was shambolic to say the least! Louie helped me sort all my bits and bobs and throw away all the odds and ends that can't be made use of.

So hopefully, Louie permitting, I can get on with some bits today and have some more to show you this evening! :)

1 comment:

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

That was some prediction! I'm dreadful at predicting scores. Are Leicester still in the running for a playoff place?

Shame Leicester Tigers lost!

Duncan In Kuantan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...