Friday 29 April 2011

Gen-Y Review

When it comes to change time, the first nappies I always grab are either Pockets or All in Ones, anything that 'goes on like a disposable'. Two parter nappies have always been a bit of a faff for me.
However, like the Weehuggers, I can change for a pretty print! How fickle!

Gen-Y's landed in the UK in January, and immediately took off. I mean, why wouldn't they, they are absolutely GORGEOUS!  For many cloth bum mummies, appearance is everything! And having the best prints around always gets you kudos. And Gen-Y certainly offer the most glorious range of prints around.

Gen-Y wraps come in two styles, the Classic and the Universal, so they really cater for everyone. The Classic cover comes in 5 sizes, XS to XL and the Universal comes in two sizes fitting from 6-18lbs and 18-35lbs. They can also be used over just about any absorbent nappy that you can find! 


The delightful prints are limited edition, and only a certain number of each design will be made, so once they are sold out, that is it. This gives them a high resale value, due to sought after designs. So when I heard news that Elizabeth had sourced a Glow in the Dark fabric with stars on, knowing my star addiction, I could not wait for us to receive our shipment of them!



I opted for the Universal cover, as I much prefer adjustable nappies, as you can get a much better fit with them, and of course they will last that bit longer, which is awesome because I would hate to have to put them away because they are too small :( The Universal cover has adjusting poppers under the crotch, which I really like the idea of, because when your child is in a nappy on the biggest size, you can see all of the poppers. But with the Gen-Y, you can't. I was slightly worried that the poppers might irritate between the legs but there has been no marks or anything. Very impressed.

So far, I have used my Gen-Y cover with Flip Stay Dry inserts, Weehugger inserts, an Issy Bear night insert, prefolds and fitted nappies, all with great success.
With the slimmer inserts (Flip Stay Dry and Weehuggers) I have the wrap on its smallest setting and it fits like a dream. My little man has averagely chunky thighs but a funny shaped tummy, and we had no problems getting a good fit, which was nice and slim.
With the chunkier inserts, I let some of the poppers out to accommodate the bulk. Even still, they provided a trimmer look than other wraps, and they also seemed to smooth over the prefold, not giving that defined bulk that you can get with that style nappy.

Because they are a side snapping nappy, they come quite low on the leg, which is really good news for users of fitted nappies and terry squares. It gives that extra bit of protection and comfort in the leg area, so you don't have to worry about ill fitting coverage.

Down to my love for my Gen-Y wrap and my Weehugger wrap, I have a new found fondness of two-parter nappies. I can just throw a few inserts into my bag and a spare wrap and they don't take up as much space as the pocket nappies.

Gen-Y wraps are also affordable! With the Classic covers available at £10.95 and the Universal covers at £13.50, they are a really reasonable price for such a beautifully made, reliable and versatile product.
You can get yours from Fill Your Pants right now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...