Saturday 29 December 2012

The New Year


2012
I can't pretend that 2012 was amazing for us, because it wasn't in parts. But I do have a lot to be thankful for. A perfect little boy and a man who has stood by us through thick and thin. Times can be tough for everyone but I am forever thankful for my constant positive attitude which gets me through with a smile on my face.
This year we had lots of adventures, excellent health and Dan and I got engaged. I suppose next year has quite a lot to beat in some ways.

2013
I have some goals and hopes I wish to attain in the new year.
A cliched get fit regime of course. Last summer I started running, but failed at the first hurdle when I suffered shin splints. Spring 2013 I am to be back on the wagon, running to get fit again.
Get back to me. May seem a little bizarre, but sometimes I need to tell myself that it is okay to just be me, to like what I like and to do what I do. And that is just fine. I don't tell myself that enough.
Plan a wedding! In the last few days, Dan and I have decided to set a date. We have already decided (again) on venues and all sorts, so now we just need to get it all together!
Improve. 2012 was a big year for me in one department. Photography. I hope that I can continue to build on my favourite skill.
Continue. Our regular outings with Anna and Isaac, and our National Trust trips. I don't know how we can top 2012 in that department but we can bally well try!
And most importantly;
Be thankful. I have a wonderful family, a wonderful chap and an amazing little boy. We are all very fortunate and every day I am thankful for everything that we have.

Happy New Year to you all, I hope that 2013 brings you everything you wish for. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...