Tuesday 1 November 2011

The Sewing Cafe

Last Tuesday evening, I went down to the Sewing Cafe in Hinckley for an evening tutorial class. I had never even visited the shop before, but the prospect of making a sewing machine cosy was very inviting. 
When I got there, I was invited to choose the fabric that I wanted for my cosy and a ribbon to match. Then we went into the back room with all the machines.
I think I fell in love! With the place, the machines, the fabric, everything! I had such a fun time making my little cosy, even though I think that next time I would do a more challenging course.

The sewing machines were such a beauty to use, very simple to get the hang of, it didn't need any introduction for me. I am confident that I could use one again for various things. I intend to visit again when I want to do some quilting, as it will be much easier with their machines!


So here is my finished product, Percy's little cosy. I do have plans to tweak the cover slightly, as Percy is only a mini and I can take him where I need to. I plan to put some buttons around the bottom edge and create some straps so that I can button the strap on to make it into a bag, 2 in 1!

Of course, a shop as lovely as the Sewing Cafe was full of wonderful goodies and I couldn't leave without taking a few things home with me.
Such beautiful fabrics, brand new in floral and polkadot fat quarters which I will put to good use I hope. Also a bundle of Christmas fabrics which are just stunning and a roll of christmas coloured felt. All in mind for getting ready for my Christmas craft fair.

My craft area seems to be well stocked at the moment, with lots of new things, a bundle of Cath Kidston fabrics, my new things from the Sewing Cafe, this months Mollie Makes magazine with coverable buttons, and some dies for my Big Shot machine which should be arriving tomorrow! Although I have taken a little break from crafting since my fair, it certainly has been exciting, I can't wait to get started for Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...