Saturday 5 March 2011

Crafting

It's been a little quiet on the craft front for a while, been a busy bee what with work now. But now that Anna knows she is having a boy, I have no excuses for not getting busy with my sewing!

A few weeks ago was my lovely boss' birthday, she is a lady who relies on her Blackberry so I thought a media case would be a nice little gift.
I adapted (big time) a pattern from the CK Sew book, but it was a simple pattern, with wadding and lining, that took me an evening. Then I went on the hunt for a little toggle to close it. Toggles are very cute!

Since then I have been trying to think of things to make for Baby Splodge! I needed to think of something, so I have made a little drawstring bag, using all the fabrics I have acquired for him. I figure it will be something that can be used for anything. This time I made the pattern myself, and it is a little wonky, but I don't think you would notice once it is in use :) Adds to the characteristics ;)! It is fully lined and feels lovely.

 Anna had a wonderful idea to make a blanket for Baby Splodge, but realised that she didn't have that much time to do it. So why not recruit all her friends and family to knit squares to make a blanket! I think it is the sweetest and most lovely idea, and couldn't wait to be involved. Even Sam has vowed to have a go, as has Dan! So here is my first square. I have done two now and am going to start another one when I have finished this post!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...