Sunday 16 February 2014

Valentines Weekend


Dan and I celebrated St Valentines day in a gorgeous country pub out near Bosworth Field. A four course meal followed by cocktails and a stay in a very comfy four poster bed was lovely. And I was even surprised with a pair of beautiful pearl earrings. The view from the window was a lovely quiet field, being battered by the rain!
I baked a fruit loaf for our Sunday breakfast, jeweled with cranberries, sultanas and blueberries, it was delightful with a cup of tea.
Four mini quiches ready for this weeks lunchboxes. Ham hock, leek and mustard with a lovely strong cheddar, I can't wait to scoff them! Yum! 
As the boys were playing quietly upstairs, I thought I would get my watercolours out for a little while, until this monster decided to come and say hello. Note the back paw resting on the tipped over water.... Well done Sonny! Luckily his usually muddy paws didn't make a mess, but he was rather in the way. (And doesn't he look pleased with himself about it...)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...