Wednesday 21 July 2010

Reuse and Recycle



This is a music box that belonged to my cousin Iain, and has found its way around our family, it was a favourite of mine when I was a baby and now it resides in my beautiful boy's cot.

I am very proud that when Louie came into our lives, people have been so generous. We have been very lucky that we have been given lots of things, new and old. Louie wears clothes which have been on two or three other children, has pre-loved toys, nappies which have adorned other babies bottoms and you name it, we have probably had it pre loved! Louie even plays with toys that were mine when I was a child, and uses my baby blankets.
It really is special that he can share things that I had as a baby, it makes me feel that our bond is so strong.

In the world we live in today, it is important to reuse, it means less things need to be produced and therefore there is less waste. Not to mention the cost of buying everything new.

I know that we will be saving everything for future siblings, and loaning things to others and recycling our things.
Waste not want not :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...