Saturday 31 July 2010

6 Month Milestone!

For as long as I can remember, I wanted to breast feed. There was no doubt in my mind about that, I would have a baby, and feed it the natural way.
When I became pregnant and had to make those kinds of decisions, I knew I would give breast feeding the best effort that I could, but if it wasn't working out for us, I would formula feed. I had decided to be as laid back as possible.

I am so proud to have fed my son for 6 months. It is a terrific achievement for me, especially as so many people fall at the first hurdle. I admit, Louie has had two feeds of formula, once, cup fed in the hospital as I was so poorly and exhausted that I needed some sleep, and once because we had theatre tickets and I wasn't able to pump enough milk for my boy.
And although Lou is now being weaned, his sole source of nutrients still comes from his mama and I am so proud!

He is an incredibly healthy, strong and well built little boy, and I am proud to say that it is all down to me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...