Saturday started off beautifully. A lie in, a breakfast of a delicious smoothie (see above) and a cup of fresh coffee. The weather was a little gloomy looking so I decided to spend the day baking and venture out on Sunday. I baked some beautiful vanilla and raspberry whoopie pies, to my own recipe. After admiring my handiwork, I sat down with a fresh cup of green tea.
That is when disaster happened. I managed to spill a full cup of fresh tea all over myself causing a terrible scald. I darted into the cool shower and rang mother hen, a nurse who happens to specialise in burns. When she arrived home from the shops half an hour later I was in shock, shaking terribly and she decided I needed to go in to hospital. Luckily we weren't there long, we ran into one of the registrars who took a look at my leg (of which most of my thigh was burned) and cleaned me up and sent me home with an appointment for Monday.
I do feel like a silly sausage, having had such an embarrassing accident which looks like it could take a little while to heal! Although a day of rest, watching Dr Who and cookery programmes has been a lovely change!