Tuesday 15 May 2012

Treasure in the Attic


Yesterday, Papa Bee was having a root around in the attic when he stumbled upon a suitcase full of these beauties!

Now you may know that I have a big interest in photography, which is why this was such an amazing find for me! I assumed that the collection belonged to my father, of which I get my passion from. However, after speaking to Nana Bee, I learned that they actually belonged to her Uncle, who was an avid photographer.

The collection included a Rollei 35 circa 1970-1971, a Kueb Kiev and a Lubitel 166B which could be from anywhere between 1980-1990. Then an assortment of lenses which don't seem to fit any of these cameras. There was also a photograph of my Great Grandma, my Grandfathers mother.

I would really love to get them cleaned up and see if any of them still work, providing that is okay with the rest of the family. It is amazing to know that these were some of the cameras which captured all of the photographs of my mother and my aunties and uncles childhood.

If anyone has any knowledge of any of these cameras I would be more than interested!

1 comment:

Dan Gosling said...

Give me a call and I can give you some info and pointers on what to do if you want to take some photos with them. Anna has our number. I'm free on Thursday evening.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...