Tuesday 20 March 2012

Spring

Today is officially the first day of spring, so a great time to pop to the garden centre to get supplies for the garden. 
 Veggies were on our shipping list so we decided to get seeds to plant out at home. Mr Bee had fun choosing.

 Quick stop at the cafe for a nibble.

So perfect and beautiful.
 We got a little stuck in the bookshop. Mr Bee made himself rather comfortable and we read an awful lot of books before going to find Nana who was almost waiting outside!

Our Goodies
 We ended up bringing home 3 pots of lavender, some rather ropey looking tomato plants, a strawberry plant and a big pot of Thyme. In packets, we bought Broccoli, Carrots, Beetroot, Parsnips and some Onion bulbs. I can't wait to get them all planted out in the garden. Still a lot of work to do clearing up after last year.
Haven't baked in a few days so I was feeling a bit of withdrawal. We made some Chocolate cupcakes to the Hummingbird Bakery recipe. I was just about the put them in the oven when I realised I had forgotten the sugar, oops! Good job I had a quick taste! A few minutes later they were all sugared up and in the oven.
Mr Bee helped me decorate them with cream cheese frosting. I think he did pretty well!
Chicken with Creamy Thyme Sauce for dinner. Beautiful if I do say so myself. Will post my recipe when I get the time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...