Friday 4 February 2011

My first week as a Working Mummy!

This week went back to work, just for two days a week, which meant having to share childcare duties with others. One day a week is shared with my Mom, and one day a week he goes to nursery. There was no doubt in my mind which nursery he was going to go to, as my sister used a particular nursery for both her children, from when they were 4 months old, so I knew them, and I knew they were caring and nice people.

On Monday, he stayed with his Nana. I had no worries what so ever. I know that when he is with his Nana, he doesn't even notice that I have left him! The report when I got home indicated this! Apparently about half an hour after I had left, he completed a thorough search of the house and had a bit of a whinge when he couldn't find me, which was soon ended by playing with some of his lovely toys!
On Thursday, Louie had his first full day at nursery. I had to rush off, giving Louie lots of cuddles and big kisses and Papa took him to nursery. Apparently he anticipated that Papa was leaving and cried immediately and wouldn't let go. After the morning was over, he was a different little boy playing with his new friends apparently. Kayleigh, his key worker, gave me a little diary with a detailed description of their day! It was lovely! They fed the ducks at the park, played with pasta and cars, and he enjoyed sweet and sour pork for his lunch! AND he managed to settle to sleep on Kayleigh, TWICE, FOR AN HOUR each time! (This is a big shock, can you tell!)

Leaving Louie wasn't so bad. I know that he is a secure little man and that he always knows that I will come back to him! I meant to ring nursery to check on him, but time flies when your having fun, and it was 2:30 before I had the chance to drop them an email, by which it wasn't too long before I had to go and pick him up!

I have really enjoyed my first two days at my new job. It is difficult learning new things when all you want to do is be able to get on with it, and I don't like having to ask lots of questions, but I do! I think once I am in the swing of things everything will be fine :D
Laura showed me the new premises yesterday and it is great! The warehouse is huge, and it has a studio for taking pictures of little fluffy bums!

On the days where I wasn't at work, Louie and I enjoyed going swimming with my old friend Helen, Papa took us out for lunch and today we are going to Tiny Talk and might even go to the farm afterwards with our new friends Jodie and Matilda!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...