Wednesday 1 July 2015

Progress!








I hope we are all enjoying the heatwave we are having! It has been super super hot here in the UK so we have been trying to keep cool in the garden and this afternoon we visited our local Lido, it was pure bliss!
Meanwhile, our garden has exploded just a little! Our tomatoes which were worrying me slightly, have gone mental! There are so many flowers on them and some teeny weeny fruit growing!!
Sadly, the strawberries have taken a massive hit in the form of slugs. My gosh, I never knew that I could hate the little creatures quite so much. They have obliterated many of my plants which was devastating. But luckily, we have managed to get them under control and they seem to have gone away, YAY!
The peas and beans are producing nicely and the sunflowers are still slowly growing.
On the ornimental side of the garden, the rose has 4 buds forming and in the pots, the bulbs are growing nicely (though I can't remember what I put in them...).

It is such a pleasure tending to my little potager!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...