Wednesday 16 July 2014

The Day We Wed - The Ceremony


We shared our wedding day with our closest family and friends at our favourite place, Calke Abbey. It was so personal, especially as it is where Dan proposed.

As the bridesmaids and I were getting ready, the boys arrived at Calke early to greet all of our guests in the stunning Calke Abbey Riding School that Sophie (of Honeysuckle and Castle) and I had worked so hard to make perfect.





The bridesmaids wore beautiful gowns by H&M (yes really...!) and the flower girls wore ivory dresses from Monsoon. Each carried a hand tied bouquet of lavender crafted by myself. The boys all wore morning suits hired from Greenwoods, including top hats and boutonnaires of wheat and lavender, again, crafted by myself.



My bridesmaids and I entered the ceremony to an acoustic version of Deadmau5's Arguru. A song that always reminds Dan and I of our first date to Fleetwood almost 6 years ago. My bridesmaid's brother Sam Hunt, did a fantastic job mixing the track for me so that it was more bridal than drum and bass... The perfect surprise for my husband to be.







It was a small and intimate gathering of only 34 guests in total. The drapes through the Riding School worked perfectly to make the open space intimate.



Louie did a fantastic job of looking after the rings and giving them to the registrar carefully. Our rings were specially made by Allen Brown Jewellers of Lichfield. Due to my engagement ring being such an unusual shape, we knew that we were going to need an expert jeweller to craft a wedding band to fit. Allen did a fantastic job of both of our unique wedding bands.










All images copywrite Ezekiel Taylor Photography

Part Two - The Ceremony
Part Three - The Gardens

With thanks to;

Honeysuckle and Castle - Wedding Planning Services
Ezekiel Taylor Photography - Wedding Photographer for the East Midlands
Phase Eight Bridal
The National Trust
Allen Brown Jewellers - Bespoke Jewellers to the West Midlands

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...