Sunday 8 June 2014

Just What We Needed
















 A glorious countryside walk and a visit to the Wistow Rural Centre to make our simple picnic amazing. Olives, biscuits and yummy drinks from the Mediterranean Kitchen, a pal we have made from our Farmers Market trips. If you are local, trust us, he is amazing. Dan and Louie love the olives and I adore the fresh bread and perfect turkish delight!
We sat on our blanket eating our delish sandwiches and reading our magazines in the sunshine until it was too hot and time to get the Sunday roast on.
 On our way home, we saw an abundance of Elderflowers absolutely everywhere. Too many to go home empty handed. After the boys settled down at home, I went on a forage with some scissors and a bag and came home with enough flowers to make some home made cordial.




And then for dinner. As you will probably know, Sunday dinner is a big thing in our household. With Nana away at work, I had a free reign to do something a little different. A succulent lemon and thyme stuffed chicken, with the most perfectly cooked veg. All cooked in one huge tray. Less washing up for Pappy.
Homemade Tiramisu for after... a masterpiece if I do say so myself (as I would, as Dan and Louie's were a bit sloppy... too much coffee).

The heavens have opened and I have my feet up whilst the boys play quietly. A DVD to watch after bedtime will finish off a truly needed, relaxing day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...