Monday 30 August 2010

Lady Issues

Although I have breast feeding amenorrhea, I do think about when the time of the month returns. Today I was going through the bathroom cupboard and found various packets of menstrual paraphernalia. I have known of the Mooncup for a few years now but finally researching it properly when I was pregnant, I have decided to invest in one when my periods return. I have never really trusted tampons, from reading articles about TSS in magazines like Mizz and Sugar when I was a tween. And learning that sanitary towels contain similar chemicals to nappies, then do I really want them against my skin?
Plus, decent sanitary products are quite costly, and I would be throwing a good £10-£15 down the toilet every month. So I am going to buy a Mooncup, and some washable pads too, maybe fleece ones would be good, but I'm not fussy, just something that will save me some money and cut down on a) the amount of waste and b) the amount of chemicals we unnecessarily use.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...