Sunday 4 October 2015

Knitting at Studio NL








I first learned to knit when I was a little nipper but then when my joints got bad during my late teens, I had to give it up because it just wasn't worth the pain! However, as my wrists have been much better recently, I have been thinking for a good while that I would like to take it back up again, but I completely forgot what I was doing.

When Tracy of Norah George announced she was doing a begninners knitting workshop in the Leicestershire countryside, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to pick up some needles and start again. I travelled to the other side of the county to Tur Langton, the home of Studio NL where the workshop was hosted.

We had a lovely morning, learning the basics. Casting on, knit, purl and casting off. As soon as I got home, I spent my afternoon with my feet up, the boys playing and I made myself a lovely little stripy dish cloth. However, Dan said that it is far too nice to use!!

Many thanks to both Tracy and Roz for the wonderful day :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...